If you watch the above video you can experience in real time the roofing pros at RRSA St. Louis as they install a TPO roofing system for a commercial client. As the Greater St. Louis preferred expert in all things commercial roofing, today on our blog we would like to explain what TPO roofing is and point out all of its benefits. Thermoplastic-olephine roofing, or TPO, is a great option to make your commercial roof more efficient and help reduce your energy bills.
Benefits of TPO Roofing
- Very durable and long lasting
- Environmentally friendly
- Extremely waterproof
- Easy to maintain and repair
- Heat reflective to save on energy bills
- Lower cost than many alternative materials
TPO roofing vs. traditional materials
TPO roofing, by design, reflects UV rays and therefore limits exterior heat from getting into your Greater St. Louis commercial building. This does a wonderful job of lowering the need for air conditioning, helping reduce your commercial utility bills. TPO is very durable and long lasting, so the cost of repairs or replacements is extremely affected in a good way. TPO roofing is made from recycled plastic and is very environmentally friendly.
TPO roofing is an ideal commercial roofing type because it is applied in large rolls fully adhered and mechanically fastened or ballasted. Its durable material is essentially waterproof and reflective of UV rays. For a commercial building, TPO is the most cost-effective method to make your roof energy efficient and can help save money on energy costs.
- TPO Roofing is a single-ply thermoplastic membrane. It is installed in a single membrane application without multiple layers.
- The membrane can be installed using several different methods including mechanically attached, adhered, ballasted and plate bonded.
- The membrane may be installed using a plate bonded system. The plates are bonded to the underside of the membrane using an induction welder.
- TPO membranes come in a variety of colors, but primarily are available in white, grey and tan.
- TPO seams and flashings are completed using hot-air welding equipment.
- Manufacturer warranties are available for installations up to 30 years.
- TPO membranes are grease resistant.
- TPO roofing membranes receive high wind ratings when installing according to pre-tested assemblies as per manufacturer specifications.
Call for Your Free TPO Roofing Estimate
RRSA St. Louis is the preferred TPO roofing experts all across Greater St. Louis. We have decades of experience installing all types of commercial and also residential roofing. Our roofing experts also have the knowledge and workmanship to maximize the energy efficiency of your commercial building and save you money on your energy bills.
Contact us at 1-636-542-4816 for a free estimate today. We proudly serve O’Fallon, St Charles, Chesterfield, Wentzville, Ballwin, Saint Louis, Saint Peters, Fenton, Florissant, Arnold, and surrounding Missouri and Illinois.