As a Greater St. Louis homeowner, if you have been thinking about having new siding installed on your home, one of the first benefits you probably think of is the aesthetic advantages. And yes, by all means, new siding will make your home look beautiful. However, there are several other major benefits besides curb appeal to new siding that you may not have considered. The team at RRSA St. Louis is an expert at siding installation in Greater St. Louis, and we have listed the major benefits of new siding below:
The Major Benefits of New Siding
- Enhanced Beauty– Siding just makes a home look great. Clean lines, crisp colors that won’t fade or chip, and matching trim and accessories can completely transform the look of your home.
- Lower Maintenance– Most siding materials (especially vinyl and fiber cement siding) require little or no maintenance to keep them looking great. That translates into less time spent on the exterior of your house, and more time relaxing and enjoying life.
- Reduced Painting Costs– Vinyl siding never needs painting, and fiber cement siding holds its colors more than twice as long as other siding choices. Neither material fades, flakes, chips or cracks. That means you can break the cycle of scraping and painting your home every few years. That could save you more than $50,000 in costs! Painting a 3-bedroom home can cost from $9,800-$12,600. Experts agree a home should be painted at least every seven years (even more often in harsh climates like ours). That adds up to more than $53,000-$67,000 over the next 20-plus years.
- Improved Home Value– Siding adds value to your home by giving it better “curb appeal.” New siding is consistently among the top performers in Remodeling magazine’s ranking of best home improvement values.
- Energy Efficiency– Insulated siding adds an extra layer between the elements and your home. That means wind and cold can be stopped, helping to keep your family more comfortable and reducing monthly energy bills.
What Types of Siding Are Available?
Choosing the right material depends on what you want your home’s exterior to look like and the degree of maintenance each material needs. Some materials tend to be lower maintenance than others.
- Vinyl Siding – This is probably the most durable siding option for the cost. Vinyl can provide you with the look of real wood without the cost and maintenance. This type of siding delivers excellent performance without the upkeep that other materials needed. Vinyl siding also won’t peel, chip or rot and never needs to be re-painted.
- Wood Siding – Wood has been a classic siding material for many years. Wood possesses remarkable beauty, especially cedar. It can withstand harsh weather conditions and has the opportunity to last much longer than other materials.
- Fiber Cement Siding – This type of siding can emulate any style of siding, such as cedar shingles, wood and other types of siding, without any of the drawbacks. It is completely resistant to fire, wind, bugs and wood rot. Fiber cement is also extremely durable and there is little to no maintenance required.
- Aluminum Siding – Completely resistant to fire damage with an enamel coating that can mimic other siding materials, aluminum siding is the perfect combination of strength and efficiency.
RRSA St. Louis are experts at all of the above siding installation types. If you would like one of our siding experts to visit your Greater St. Louis home and do a FREE inspection to help you decide if having new siding installed is in the cards for you in the new year, give us a call today to set up an appointment.
Serving Greater St. Louis, Chesterfield, St. Charles, O’Fallon